Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back Home for a Short Visit

Well, I am back home for a short visit before I dash off to another part of the world. My London trip was mostly business and I seemed to get very little time to myself. But I did take time over the weekend to tour London and do a little sketching.

This sketch is a tree in the church yard next to the Six Bells Pub, where we had dinner several times. The tree had been cut back reveling very gnarled limbs. There were tufts of leaves indicating new growth here an there.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Nothing like a good old gnarly tree. Very nice!

Sue said...

I really enjoyed your England drawings, especially the chimney pots and this tree. What a great tree.

R K said...

This drawing is a great example of the use of alot of white, together with painterly sketch strokes to capture the essence of one's subject.
Nice.