Friday, December 29, 2006

Traveling Moleskine

My Moleskine is always with me - even if I don't often make an entry. I thought I might add a couple of the pages from my old and tattered Mole. This was at one of last seasons Nationals games.I am on the road a lot and I thought I would include this on of my breakfast. I also made a promise to make more marks in my Mole - something I have yet to follow through with.


This is another road trip. I usually wake up to Robin & Company on CNN Headline News. Must appologize for the likeness of Robin - it doesn't do her justice.


I have been experimenting with watercolor in my Mole and have found that I get the best results when I prepare the page with an absorbent ground. I use a thin coating and it seems to allow the watercolor to brush on evenly instead of beading up the way it does on plain Mole sketchbook pages. I will be trying out the new watercolor moleskine next.

4 comments:

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

These entries are just great. I think the added colour has really brought them to life. I LOVE the top one. Makes me want to have a go myself! I've never used a Moleskine but I hear so much about them that I really must get one. Which do you recommend for doing this kind of work - journalling with w/c pencil???

Anonymous said...

Excellent journal pages Zeke. I really enjoyed looking at them.

suzanne cabrera said...

I am so glad to have found your blog. Your sketchbook pages reveal nice insights into your life. I am also amazed that you were able to pull out your sketchbook out and draw at the baseball game...I haven't been able to do it at a sporting event yet. I guess there is just too much excitement around. But, your sketch inspires me to give it a try!

Terry Banderas said...

I enjoy your drawings and notes. I especially liked your baseball sketch. I, like Suzanne, have not started sketching yet at baseball games. It's tough to do because I love baseball, hot dogs and beer on warm summer evenings--can't concentrate on sketching.